Our most advanced and cost effective VDR system jet.
6000 installments and counting!
Complete project responsibility SVDR and VDR (replacement) installation at a fixed cost.
All IMO required certifications including Wheelmark, Russian Register, and China Class.
Worldwide service network along the major shipping routes.
Free Easy fix kits to replace outdated SVDRs and VDRs at the lowest cost.
Seawise cloud platform enabled for Cloud Performance Monitoring.
Annual Performance Test included in ‘SafePack’ fixed cost.
- Complete project responsibility SVDR and VDR (replacement) installation at fixed cost
- All IMO required certifications including Wheelmark, Russian Register, and China Class
- World-wide service-network along the major shipping routes
- Free Easyfix kits to replace outdated SVDRs and VDRs at lowest cost
- Seawise cloud platform enabled for Cloud Performance Monitoring
- Annual Performance Test included in ‘SafePack’ fixed cost
IEC61162-450 (Lightweight Ethernet) Infrastructure
Contrary to most other systems on the market, Netwave’s NW-6000 VDR system architecture is unique in the fact that the various components throughout the ship are interconnected by means of one single Ethernet cable, both Power and Data are provided over this very same single cable, eliminating the need for extensive and complex, and therefore costly, cabling requirements. Compared to other VDR systems, cabling costs are typically reduced by 50%! The standard VDR and (S)VDR systems consist of the following components:
- NW-6860-1000 Fixed Capsule
- NW-6880 Float free Capsule
- NW-6000 Core Module
- NW-6010 Bridge Control Unit
- NW-64900 Data Acquisition Module
- 6 x NW-6020/6021 microphones
- NW-6060 VHF Interface
- NW-6022 Power Converter for Microphones
- NW-6044 Video Module
NW6000 – Core Unit
This efficient, uninterruptible power supply and network switch is designed with installation time-and-space in mind and offers scalability up to the largest vessel. It provides a high degree of plug and play interconnection. The core module has 1/10 Gb bandwidth on 12 Ethernet ports
Fixed capsule for VDR & S-VDR
Netwave has originally developed and is manufacturing its own ‘fixed’ capsules for over 10 years now. The capsule is still unique in the marketplace today in the sense that in spite of the integration of the Central Processing Unit and Data Storage Server onto a single chip within the armored stainless steel capsule, this autonomous system is run from a single Ethernet cable leading to the compass deck. The capsule contains 48 hours of data.
Netwave capsules are not only deployed in conjunction with a Netwave VDR system but also the FRM of choice used by other VDR manufacturers. Netwave’s capsules are the only capsules in the market completely made from A316 grade stainless steel. As per the supply standard, this ‘fixed’ Final Recording medium is fitted with Netwave’s Underwater Locator Beacon compliant to the SAE8045AS standard.
Compliant to IMO resolution MSC 333(90) for VDR systems, IEC61996, IEC60945 and ED56/112:
- Fire resistant to 1100 °C @ 1 hour and 260 °C during 10 hours.
- Data memory pressure cylinder resistant to 20.000 PSI/600 Bar/6000 meters depth during extended periods.
- Color: RAL 3026 (Fluor red) for SOLAS compliant ships. (other RAL colors available upon request)
- Stainless steel A316 deck mount with optional welding plate delivered within standard package.
- Memory 32/64/128 GB (Protected) for incident recording
- Minimum of 48 hours
Totally Solid State, no disk drives or other moving parts
W, H, WT: 311 x 411 mm, 27,5kg
Float free capsule for VDR
The Tron 40 VDR is the most reliable ‘float free’ capsule in the market today. To emphasize the strong position of the NW-6000 in the market, Netwave is working in a close relation with Jotron to obtain the most reliable solution for the recording in a float free capsule, connected to the Core Module via one single cable (PoE) only!
Compliant to IMO resolution MSC 333(90) for VDR systems, IEC61996 IEC60945 and ED56/112:
- Memory to record 48 hours
- PoE Interface (Power over Ethernet connection)
- Powered directly from the Core module
W, H, D, WT: 240 x 533 x 218 mm WT: 5,4 KG
The ultimate solution to user-friendly, easy to understand operation, this unit provides direct function access as well as remote system diagnostics, enabling any crewmember to find his way around without the need for any training.
Typically mounted within the bridge console, it continuously shows crystal clear unambiguous messages about what’s going on within the VDR. With its touch screen, you can select instant replay or scroll through the Menu for analysis.
- Touch Screen
- Instant Replay
- Ethernet Port
- Full color 4.3” graphic TFT screen
W, H, D, WT: 150 x 99 x 134 mm WT: 1,8 KG
NW-6020 PoE Microphones
The Netwave Microphones are PoE based. This solution enables easy daisy-chainable connections in the Wheelhouse ceeling, running only one cable to the Core Module, making fast and secure installations possible.
The Netwave PoE microphones supersede the Microphone (MSC.333(90) regulations by recording through separate recording channels for each microphone or line-in interface.
- High Audio Quality
- Single Wire, Daisy-chainable
- Indoor (NW-6020) as well as Outdoor (NW-6021)
W, H, D, WT: 84 x 114 x 40 mm W: 0,4 KG
- Dimensions external:
W, H, D, WT: 84 x 114 x 57 mm W: 0,5 KG
NW-64xx Data Acquisition Unit
The NW-6400 Bus-coupler is a DIN-rail mounted interface unit which provides a gateway between the Core Module and the serial, digital and/or analogue adaptors placed adjacent to the same Bus-coupler. The Bus-coupler is connected through a backplane strip for power and data exchange to the adaptors. The Bus-coupler provides a 24V DC (provided by PoE) for dry contacts to be sensed by the digital adaptor, to overcome additional power sourcing requirements or galvanic isolation. It also provides a primary Serial interface (up to 38K4) for connected NMEA concentrators or multipliers above 4K8.
Interfacing with all different types of interconnections such as:
- NMEA (NW642xx) available in different modules/ configurations: 8, 16 and 24 channels
- Digital (NW643xx) available in different modules/ configurations: 8, 16 and 24 channels
- Analogue (NW644xx) available in different modules/ configurations: 4, 8 and 12 channels
- Any special protocol like Canbus etc.
- Scope can be adjusted by adding adaptors as per above standard adaptors
- PoE connection to the Core Module
W, H, D, WT: 436 x 182 x 232 mm WT: 4.80 KG
NW-6060 VHF / Audio Interface NW 6022
The audio-interface serves two combined functions:
- As a VHF (line-in) interface for up to two VHF installations.
- As a power converter for the microphones.
Function 1 Audio (line-in) VHF interface
This primary function serves to gather audio (line-in) information from the VHF communications equipment.
Function 2 Power conversion for Bridge Audio (microphones)
This secondary function converts (from Power over Ethernet, being 48 V) to 24 VDC to power the microphones while maintaining data transparency between the microphones and the Core Module.