An Oasis-class cruise vessel, the MS Harmony of the Seas is phenomenally unbeatable when it comes to onboard thrills and adventure.
The MS Harmony of the Seas is one of the most prestigious and unparalleled cruises in the whole world. It is built and advanced by STX France for the Royal Carribean International – a marvelous cruise line brand in Norway. The Harmony of the Seas is genuinely the largest cruise vessel and extraordinary Royal Carribean getaway. The ship is known to be the world’s largest passenger vessel having a gross tonnage of 226,963GT. This feature makes it even greater than her sisters, Allure of the Seas and Oasis of the Seas.
The Harmony of the Seas is the third cruise ship of the Royal Carribean Cruises. She was ordered in December 2012 after the accomplishment of the two Oasis cruise lines. After thirty-two months of construction, she began floating on June 19, 2015, had her first ocean trial on March 10, 2016, and was finally brought on May 12, 2016, to the Royal Carribean. The Southampton, England was her first destination and her home port is in Barcelona.
The Remarkable Award-Winning Features of the Harmony of the Seas
As to cruise destination, the Harmony of the Seas administers 7 nights of Western Mediterranean holiday trip at sea. It originates from Barcelona and Civitavecchia. Also, in the late part of October 2016, she has been crossing Atlantic to the US, where she caters a seven-night western and eastern Carribean cruises parting from the Port Everglades of Florida.
The Harmony of the Seas essentially has awe-inspiring accommodations. It has diverse types of luxurious, splendid 2,747 staterooms, which in fact, can accommodate over five thousand guests. All of its rooms varying from a small interior to wider rooms and suites match the comfort needs of the guests.
- Baby Friendly Accommodation. For guests with babies, the cruise ship can simply provide a crib and related baby needs and supplies.
- Couples Retreat. The Harmony of the Seas offers a spa-inspired stateroom, best for couples.
- Extended Families. More available staterooms that can be interlinked to furnish more guests (families, friends, or relatives together)
- Special Needs. This amazing cruise ship is fully outfitted with other facilities beyond the normal or typical needs of the guests.
The Harmony of the Seas has a more sophisticated technology in contrast to her sister ships. Substantially, she has twenty percent more energy efficiency. The fact that the small air bubbles from her keel can curtail drag, therefore, the consumption of fuel is lesser by seven to eight percent. As well, its smooth hull platform further diminishes resistance. This ship’s bubble system also cuts down the noise of the propeller. The Harmony of the Seas uses fluorescent lamps and LED instead of incandescent light bulbs. Thus, scales down the consumption of power, as well as the necessity of air conditioning.
Being the third member of the Oasis class, the Harmony of the Seas has more enhancements of features and niceties. Although it is really quite akin to the Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas, as the latest constructed ship, it has a more enhanced layout and additional amenities.
- Youth and kids adventure ocean programs
- Royal babies and tots activities
- Aqua theatre – an open-air stage that hosts aerial, diving, and acrobatic shows
- Fitness center and vitality spa
- Splash away Bay – water play portion for young children
- Ultimate Abyss – a dry slide complex having 2 ten-story tall slides
- Perfect storm – waterslide are having three slides
- Four swimming pools and ten hot tubs
- FlowRider surf simulators
- Puzzle break room game
- Casino Royale
- Thousands of artworks
- Twenty dining areas
- Ice rink
- Bionic Bar – robotic arms are the ones catering drinks
- Dreamworks experience – animation characters
- High-speed internet
- Shopping centers -fashion, jewelry, and accessories
- Rising tides bar
- Central park – open-air garden with foods and shops
- Starbucks, snacks, and entertainment
- Johnny Rockets and carousel